The 'Innovation Focused' organization
that's not innovation focused.
Signs that your organization is not as innovation focused as it claims to be.
- Mistakes lead to lengthy RCA meetings, 'improvements' to process and new owners who audit work
- Budget constraints are defined first. 'Scope' / 'features' are decided later
- There is a sense of guilt in rewarding a top performer multiple times
- There is a separate innovation budget. Innovation is rewarded separate from delivery focused work.
- Limited management stamina for innovation. Need results in the short term, can't invest in something that yields results two years from now
I could think of these five. Any others?
Published: 19 March 2018.